Cookies and biscuits are small, sweet, baked treats that are often served as snacks or desserts. They are typically made from a mixture of flour, sugar, butter or oil, and eggs, and may contain additional ingredients such as chocolate chips, nuts, or dried fruits. Cookies are usually soft and chewy, while biscuits are often more crisp and crumbly in texture. They come in a variety of shapes and flavors, and are enjoyed by people of all ages around the world.
Pregelatinized tapioca starch is commonly used in the production of cookies and biscuits. It is often used as a binder and to improve the texture and shelf life of the products.
Pregelatinized tapioca starch has several benefits in cookies and biscuits production, including:
- Moisture retention: Pregelatinized tapioca starch can help cookies and biscuits retain moisture, preventing them from becoming dry and hard.
- Enhance shelf life: By retaining moisture, pregelatinized tapioca starch can also extend the shelf life of cookies and biscuits.
- Softness: Pregelatinized tapioca starch can help produce soft and tender cookies and biscuits.
- Crispiness: Pregelatinized tapioca starch can also enhance the crispiness of cookies and biscuits.
- Improve cooking stability: Pregelatinized tapioca starch can improve the stability of cookie and biscuit dough during the baking process.
- Instant water soluble: Pregelatinized tapioca starch is water-soluble and can be added directly to dough or batter.
- Binding power: Pregelatinized tapioca starch can act as a binder, helping to hold together ingredients in the dough or batter.
- Gum replacer: Pregelatinized tapioca starch can be used as a replacement for gums like xanthan gum or guar gum, which are commonly used in gluten-free baking.
- Improve crispy texture: Pregelatinized tapioca starch can improve the crispy texture of cookies and biscuits.