Rice noodles are a type of noodle made from rice flour and water, sometimes also with tapioca or cornstarch added. They are a popular ingredient in Asian cuisine and are used in dishes such as pho, pad thai, and stir-fries.
Rice paper, also known as spring roll wrapper, is a thin, translucent sheet made from rice flour and water. It is a common ingredient in Vietnamese cuisine and is used to wrap fresh spring rolls or salad rolls. It can also be fried to make crispy spring rolls.
Native tapioca starch is commonly used in the production of rice noodles and rice papers to improve their texture, shelf life, and overall quality. The benefits of using native tapioca starch in these products include yield improvement, elastic texture, extended shelf life, reduced stickiness in noodles, chewy and elastic texture, expansion power, high viscosity ingredient solution, and a clean label.
Some of the benefits of using native tapioca starch in rice noodles and rice papers are:
- Yield improvement: Native tapioca starch can help increase the yield of rice noodles and rice papers, resulting in more product with the same amount of ingredients.
- Elastic texture: Native tapioca starch can improve the elasticity of rice noodles and rice papers, giving them a chewy and springy texture.
- Shelf life extension: Native tapioca starch can help extend the shelf life of rice noodles and rice papers by reducing the rate of moisture loss and preventing the growth of microorganisms.
- Reduced stickiness: Native tapioca starch can reduce the stickiness of rice noodles, making them easier to handle and preventing them from clumping together.
- Expansion power: Native tapioca starch can increase the expansion power of rice noodles, resulting in a lighter and fluffier texture.
- High viscosity ingredient solution: Native tapioca starch can form a high viscosity solution that can help improve the texture and mouthfeel of rice noodles and rice papers.
- Clean label: Native tapioca starch is a clean-label ingredient that is non-GMO and free from allergens, making it a suitable option for consumers with dietary restrictions.