Rice crackers are a type of snack food made from rice grains that have been cooked, shaped, and then baked or fried until crispy. Modified tapioca starch can be used in rice cracker production as a binder and texturizer to improve the texture and crispiness of the crackers. It can also reduce the baking time needed and help prolong the crispy texture of the crackers. Additionally, modified tapioca starch can enhance the process tolerance of the production process.
The following benefits can be attributed to the use of modified tapioca starch in rice cracker production:
- Improved texture: Modified tapioca starch can improve the crispiness and crunchiness of rice crackers.
- Reduced oil absorption: Modified tapioca starch can help reduce oil absorption during frying, resulting in a healthier product.
- Increased expansion rate: Modified tapioca starch can increase the expansion rate of rice crackers during frying, resulting in a lighter and crispier product.
- Improved process stability: Modified tapioca starch can provide better process stability during the production of rice crackers, resulting in consistent quality.
- Reduced breakage: Modified tapioca starch can help reduce breakage during processing and handling, resulting in a more visually appealing product.
- Prolonged shelf life: Modified tapioca starch can help prolong the shelf life of rice crackers by improving moisture retention and reducing staleness.