Fillings are ingredients used to stuff food products such as bakery items, confectioneries, and snacks. Chocolate filling is a type of filling made from chocolate or cocoa powder. The modified tapioca starch can play a role in their production as a thickener and stabilizer to enhance the texture and mouthfeel of the filling, improve process stability, and extend the shelf life. It can also improve the glossy appearance of the filling and help to achieve a unique texture. Modified tapioca starch is suitable for both flowable and spoonable filling types.
Modified tapioca starch can provide the following benefits for filling and chocolate filling:
- Glossy appearance: Modified tapioca starch can help create a glossy and smooth surface on the filling.
- Unique texture: It can add a unique texture to the filling, making it more appealing to consumers.
- Shelf life stability: Modified tapioca starch can help improve the stability of the filling, making it last longer without spoiling or separating.
- Process tolerance: The starch can withstand different processing conditions and maintain the desired texture and stability of the filling.
- Process stability: It can provide stability to the filling during processing, preventing it from breaking down or separating.
- Thickener and stabilizer: Modified tapioca starch can act as a thickener and stabilizer, helping to maintain the desired viscosity and texture of the filling.
- Better for flowable filling type: It can improve the flow properties of the filling, making it easier to handle and fill into products such as pastries, cakes, and chocolates.
- Better for spoonable filling type: The starch can also improve the consistency and stability of spoonable fillings, such as those used in desserts and spreads.