Marinated chicken and pork are meat products that have been soaked in a seasoned liquid mixture or marinade to enhance flavor and tenderness. Modified tapioca starch can act as an important role in marinated chicken and pork production as it can be used as a functional ingredient to improve the texture, juiciness, and stability of the meat product. It can also serve as a phosphate-free alternative to traditional phosphate-based marinades, while still enhancing the flavor and improving the overall quality of the meat product. Additionally, modified tapioca starch can be used for injection and tumbling to further improve the texture and juiciness of the meat.
The benefits of modified tapioca starch for marinated chicken and pork include:
- Injection: Modified tapioca starch can be used in marinades and injections for meat products to improve their texture, flavor, and overall quality.
- Tumbling: Modified tapioca starch can be used in tumbling solutions to enhance the texture and flavor of the meat.
- Phosphate-free: Modified tapioca starch can provide these benefits without the need for added phosphates, which are commonly used in the meat industry as a texturizer and preservative but have been linked to health concerns in some studies.
- Improve texture and flavor: Modified tapioca starch can improve the texture and flavor of marinated chicken and pork, making it more tender and juicy.
- Enhance juiciness: Modified tapioca starch can enhance the juiciness of the meat by improving its ability to retain moisture during cooking.
- Stability in steam, frozen, and chilled conditions: Modified tapioca starch can help to stabilize the meat in steam, frozen, and chilled conditions, which is important for maintaining the quality of the product during transportation and storage.
Overall, modified tapioca starch can play an important role in improving the quality and shelf life of marinated chicken and pork products.